SEE OPEN POSITIONS FOR EACH DEPARTMENT BELOW:
Oceanbotics based in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing manufacturer of underwater robotic vehicles and associated products for marine professionals around the world. Our 8-thruster underwater drone is already leading the industry and creating a following with customers around the globe.
The oceans are the lifeblood of our planet. We want to make access and doing things underwater easy for marine professionals so that we can get a better understanding about these critical and fascinating bodies of water.
We are focused on expanding our leadership in the underwater drone/robotics world. Oceanbotics, Inc. is a subsidiary of RJE International, Inc., a manufacturer of underwater mission critical products which has built a reputation for innovation, quality, and service for the past 30 years.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will design, plan out and implement new electronic designs for our robotics products.
Your duties will include participating in the design of new products including circuit design, schematics and layouts for PCBs, debugging, testing, and validating assembled PCBs for prototypes and final products. Additionally, you will participate in the design, fabrication, and implementation of systems to support research, prototype, quality and test systems. This position is a great opportunity for impact and growth within our organization.
Requirements for this position include:
- Design hardware including architecture, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Circuit design board layout and schematic entry
- Perform and oversee hardware/system trouble shooting
- Perform and oversee hardware verification testing
To be a good fit for this role, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electronic system design and implementation, ideally in robotics related area
- Experience with electrical design calculations
- Experience with creating and maintaining design documentation
- Ability to interface with PCB FAB, assembly house, and components procurement
- Experience with scripting or C programming for basic hardware verification
- Experience with RS232, SPI, I2C, USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi
- Experience with Altium, schematic capture, and PCB layout software
- Experience with product development methodologies and processes
- Experience with test and troubleshooting
You will need the following core competencies and characteristics:
- Being motivated and curious
- Wanting an opportunity to make a difference
- Good organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to present formal design reviews with cross functional teams
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electrical technical abilities such as test and troubleshooting
- Experience with EMC mitigation and troubleshooting
- Experience with circuit simulation with native Altium and/or LTSpice
- Analog/mixed signals circuit design
- Familiarity with DFM and DFT concepts
- Project management of the design
Please submit a current resume with a cover letter summarizing your experience and letting us know why you are interested in this position.
We proudly offer a competitive Benefits package, i.e., Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Match, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating diversity in the workplace.