SEE OPEN POSITIONS FOR EACH DEPARTMENT BELOW:
Electronics Engineer For Robotics Firm
RJE Oceanbotics, Inc. based in Irvine, California is a fast-growing manufacturer of underwater
robotic vehicles and associated products for marine professionals. Our industry leading SRV-8 ROV
is already creating a following with customers around the globe.
We are on a mission to make it easy for people to do things underwater.
We want to be a leader of the underwater robotics world. RJE Oceanbotics, Inc. is a subsidiary of
RJE International, Inc. a manufacturer of underwater mission critical products who has built a
reputation for innovation, quality, and service for the past 30 years.
As a key member of our team, you will design and implement electronic circuitry for our robotics products.
Your main duties will be designing circuits, developing schematics and layouts for PCBs, debugging, testing, and validating assembled PCBs for prototypes and final products. Additionally, you will participate in the design, fabrication, and implementation of systems to support research, prototype, and test systems. This position is a great opportunity for impact and
growth within our organization.
Requirements include performing electronic circuit design, schematics capture, PCB layout. Knowledge of Linux and embedded programming a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design hardware including architecture, implementation, testing, and maintenance
• Circuit design board layout and schematic entry
• Perform and oversee hardware / system trouble shooting
• Perform and oversee hardware verification testing
• Perform electrical design calculations
• Create and maintain design documentation
• Complete tasks on time without supervision
• Ability to interface with PCB FAB, assembly house, and components procurement
• Being motivated and curious
• Wanting an opportunity to make a difference
• Scripting or C programming for basic hardware verification
• Ability to present formal design reviews with cross functional teams
• Experience with product development methodologies and processes
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with RS232, SPI, I2C, USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi
• Altium, schematic capture, and PCB layout software
• Electrical technical abilities such as test and troubleshooting
• Minimum BSEE or equivalent
• Experience with EMC mitigation and troubleshooting
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the area of PCB board design and layout and
electronic system prototyping and validation
• Experience with circuit simulation with native Altium and/or LTSpice
• Analog/mixed signals circuit design
• Familiarity with DFM and DFT concepts
Please submit a current resume with a cover letter summarizing your experience and stating why you are interested in this position.
We proudly offer a competitive Benefits package, i.e., Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Match, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating diversity in the workplace.